DofE expeditions will go ahead in most weather conditions, provided that we are satisfied that it remains safe for participants to take part.
Our experienced expedition team will monitor the weather and conditions carefully and will make the decision based on the safety of all participants and staff.
In the extremely rare event that an expedition needs to be cancelled or postponed, we will contact you by text message and email on the morning of the expedition. This allows us the maximum amount of time to assess the latest weather conditions and make an informed decision.
Please do not assume that an expedition is cancelled because the weather looks poor. Unless you receive a message from JLGB confirming otherwise, you should attend as planned.
Please wait... it will take a second!